Sunday 21 June 2015

Birthday shenanigans

If anyone knows me personally, they will know that every year I become very very excited about my birthday. Like  7 year old on a sugar high, except in a 28 year old body. Last year, my partner and I went to the museums in London, which was absolutely bloody fantastic! I got to see dinosaurs, space ships, go to a burger king that had cherry coke (odd plus but I love cherry coke!)
This year, I managed to get the weekend off work, which is very needed after the past week.
I woke up to some pretty awesome presents!
First was the presents from my mum.
A Yankee candle, clean cotton. I never thought I'd like such an expensive candle but I do! It smells like fresh clean new sheets..which is a roll in the bed type of smell. It went perfectly with a bubble bath...where I used my other presents from my mum! A frosted cranberry gift set from Body Shop. It has a shower gel, body butter, loofah thingy and a body scrub thingy. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to use these, as I am allergic to cranberries but it seems, as long as I don't eat the shower gel, I'm all good!

I also got my very first MAC product! It was  a lipstick, Fresh Moroccan with a Frost style, so it's sparkly and pretty! I love it! I feel rather grown up having a make up brand that isn't super budget :p


Lastly, my husband brought me a sewing machine! A FREAKING SEWING MACHINE! I've been wanting one for over a year now and I spent most of my birthday making a skirt, which I shall be doing a blog post about in the next few days.  Sadly, I've forgotten to take pictures of my sewing machine but you here, have some pictures of me being ecstatic while sewing!

 After my sewing adventures, we went to a Japanese restaurant called Pompoko. Now this place is awesome, it's a house that's been converted to a little restaurant and it has 3 levels, all teeny tiny hallways and higgldy piggildy. I had a pork and rice dish with Honey and ginger sauce and it was so so so moorish. I love Japanese dishes, despite the fact I can't use chopsticks to save my life. After our meal, we went for a wee little walk and theeeeeeeeeeeen, saw....JURASSIC WORLD.
OMG. CHRIST PRATT WITH DINOSAURS.
I shan't go into details, for spoiler sakes but it was amazing and I loved it. I could pick apart a few bits but I won't because...well..dinosaurs.

After a little walk home, we went to a ice cream parlour called JoJo's Gelato. I cannot recommend this place more. I had a chocolate nut sundae, with chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut and pistachio nut ice cream and sauce and wafers. It was around £8 but as you can see by the pictures....it's huge.

Matthew had a mint selection one, it was smaller but cheaper and still yummy.

It took us nearly an hour to finish our sundaes but it was well worth it. JoJo's was busy, despite it being nearly 11am. Not once was their no queue but still had excellent service, friendly staff and a friendly feeling to the place. I will be visiting again!

So all in all, I had a pretty darn good birthday!! :3 :3
 





No comments:

Post a Comment